12 October 2013

QUICK NOTE ON CONTACT

Thank you so much for all the messages of support I've received since my last update - I really appreciate it. I just wanted to clarify that although there is internet access in the clinic, I can't really use it much, as almost all the time I'm here I'm having treatments (some of them involving lying down), and as there aren't many treatment rooms patients often have to move around at short notice. There aren't any tables in the treatment rooms and because of the swelling in my abdomen it's not comfortable to balance my laptop on my knee; also my rather old laptop is very heavy to carry around. Most of the day I'm hooked up to drips (sometimes 3 or even 4 at a time), so with all the fluid going into me I spend a lot of time in the bathroom - and moving around pushing a large heavy drip stand is pretty laborious. So all this doesn't leave much time or energy for anything else!

So although I've managed to do these 2 posts and briefly check my email, I haven't had, and probably won't have, the opportunity to reply to emails while I'm here. Please don't let that stop you writing if you'd like to, as it's really nice to know that I'm thought about and cared about: I just wanted to make clear that I'm not currently in a position to answer.

In a similar vein, when I was at home for my brief one-day turnaround I discovered a Post Office "while you were out" card letting me know that someone had very kindly sent me flowers at the beginning of October, while I was in Scotland. I didn't have time to go and collect them, and asked a friend to do it later, but stupidly forgot to leave some ID, so I'm afraid I never found out who they were from. Sorry not to be able to thank whoever it was, but the thought is much appreciated!

I will try to do another update at some point next week if I can, but if the logistics don't work out, I'll write when I get home. Thanks again for following me through this tough patch - it means a great deal to me to have people following how things are going and wishing me well.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/10/13

    Lots of love to you Sylvia, from Mel and Greg. You are in my thoughts and prayers. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Foster15/10/13

    Thanks for keeping the blog updated Sylv, we really appreciate it. Can't wait to see you back home. Hope the rest of the trip goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16/10/13

    Dear Sylvia, always thinking of you and hope you're feeling more rested and comfortable. Look forward to seeing you when you're back home, mariaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous21/10/13

    Dear Sylvia,
    Hope the treatment is going well, thinking of you, love Carolinexxx

    ReplyDelete