9 September 2013

THE NEXT STEP

Since my last post I've been pretty busy planning where I go from here. I subscribe to a number of mailing lists which summarise or give information about alternative treatments for cancer, and the research being done on them. Through one of these mailing lists I heard about a small clinic in Germany which offers a wide range of the best-established alternative treatments, and seems to be very clued-up and cutting-edge in its approach.

So I had a telephone consultation with one of its doctors 10 days ago, and really liked the sound of the clinic's philosophy. As a result, I've arranged to go there next weekend, for a fortnight. The logistics took some sorting out (the clinic isn't an in-patient set-up, and although they have a few rooms for overseas patients, these are all currently full, so I've arranged to rent an apartment instead), but now I'm all set with flights, train tickets, and a hotel for the first night all booked. It's called the Arcadia Clinic (http://www.arcadia-cancer-treatment.com/) and is in Kassel, just under 2 hours' train journey from Frankfurt. 

My personalised programme of treatment will be worked out with me when I arrive, but will include hyperthermia; intravenous infusions of naturopathic substances (both to tackle cancer cells directly, and to deal with the damage done by chemo and radiotherapy by helping the body detoxify / improving digestive functioning / boosting the immune system etc); other treatments such as electro-magnetic and oxygen therapies; and psychological counselling. I really like the sound of its holistic approach, and also it will be great to get a fresh perspective on how to become / stay as well as possible. I've got some great practitioners in London, but I've been doing the same things for a long time now, so getting a second opinion feels very timely. I'll post more details about my treatments once I'm there - I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll still be in reach of email and Skype.

Then immediately I get home I'll go straight on to Findhorn to have another few days of sessions with my healer up there (so I've also arranged my airport transfers, airport hotel, Scotland flights, accommodation and car hire for that week). It means I'll be away from home for 3 weeks, which feels a long time, but it'll give me a chance to focus fully on resting and making the most of the treatments.

It's interesting, it's felt very clear to me that this is the right next step - a gut instinct perhaps - and despite all the planning involved, I've felt very focused, and actually everything's fallen into place very neatly and satisfyingly. It feels like a good sign, and I'm really looking forward to going. 

I've got a busy week till I go: I've just got home from a weekend away (a wonderfully chilled trip to Ghent in northern Belgium with my friend Catherine); I'm spending two days in Sussex this week seeing the alternative doctor and also two sets of friends nearby; then the weekend before flying to Germany is a long-arranged group catch-up with my friend who got married in the USA this spring. So I don't have much time left over, but that feels OK - I find packing takes as long as you have, so perhaps I'll be more efficient than I would have been otherwise! It's great to be able to report that overall life feels pretty good at the moment, and I'll keep you posted!


Ghent's mediaeval centre

One of the many lovely cafes we sampled

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/9/13

    Hi Sylvia. I was just thinking of you and checked your blog before the email alert came through. You sound very organised and I'm glad the plans fell into place. You are great at researching everything. Love the photos of Ghent. I think we went there last century?! Sending all our love my friend, from Mel & Greg xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Foster12/9/13

    What a busy start to the Autumn, great to be trying out the new clinic. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you're back and settled in blighty. Lotsa love xxx

    ReplyDelete